These organic cotton drawstring bags are a zero waste essential
They mean you can do away with packaging almost entirely. Here's hoping you have a refill shop nearby! Perfect for filling up your loose dried goods at any zero waste store. They're very high quality, made using super strong cotton with a fine weave so you can carry oats, rice or flour home without losing any on the way.
The biggest bag is also perfect for a loaf of bread from the baker or the bakery section in the supermarket. Feel free to use these bags for veg too of course. They work very well for that as well.
Made responsibly in India from GOTS certified organic cotton
Why we love these cotton bags
- Re-usable - you never need another plastic bag again
- Strong & durable - useful or storing & carrying more than just groceries Drawstring closure means your lentils will stay put!
- Very high quality - will last years and years
- These bags are made responsibly in India with GOTS certified cotton - Good for people & the environment
This pack contains three sized bags - small, medium and large
Here's a guide to capacity
- small (16cm x 22cm) 500g coffee beans, 1kg rice, 1kg popping corn
- medium (23 x 28cm) 1kg muesli,1.2kg pasta
- large (30 x 36cm) 3kg muesli, 4kg rice
Care: As the bags are made from natural material, they may shrink about 10% from the original size. To preserve the lifespan of the bag, wash on a gentle cycle at 30' and line dry.
What is GOTS?
GOTS is the gold standard for sustainable processing of textiles made from organically grown fibres (such as cotton or wool) & is an internationally recognised standard that advocates an environmentally & socially compatible production chain for textiles. To be certified with the GOTS standard, every step of the supply chain, from harvesting through production, processing, manufacturing & labelling is checked. The use of organically cultivated fibres, the exclusion of environmentally harmful or toxic substances & the introduction of a minimum wage are just a small snippet of the binding criteria stipulated by GOTS.